What Will Happen to my Child in Houston Juvenile Court?

What is Going to Happen to My Child if He Is Found Guilty?

Actually, your child cannot be found guilty because juvenile proceedings are consider civil in nature.  Instead, children are said to "have engaged in delinquent conduct" if the jury or judge finds beyond a reasonable doubt that the child committed an offense. This may seem like just semantics but it is a distinction that will benefit your child down the road. This is especially true when your child goes to apply for a job. Most job applications have the question as to whether or not the applicant has been "convicted" of a crime. Because a juvenile has not been convicted, he may legally answer no.

Call Houston Juvenile Lawyer James Sullivan at (281) 546-6428 to discuss your child's case.

The end result of a disposition hearing if a child is found to have engaged in delinquent conduct can range from a 6 month probation with the child remaining in the home to commitment in the TJJD (Texas Juvenile Justice Department). In some serious felony cases, the child may even face transfer or certification to stand trial as an adult in the criminal district court.

To contact a board certified Houston juvenile lawyer, call Attorney James Sullivan at (281) 546-6428 for a free consultation.

Serving Houston, Cypress, Sugar Land, Clear Lake, Pasadena, La Porte, Missouri City, Friendswood, Richmond, Hempstead, Humble, Tomball, Bellaire, Deer Park, Katy and other communities in Harris County, Fort Bend County, and Waller County.

Our Houston criminal lawyers defend clients charged with crimes in district courts and county criminal courts, including domestic violence (assault of a family member), drug possession or drug delivery, violent crimes, and juvenile delinquency.